Tuesday, December 8, 2009

More Books Read

Looks like I've got a pretty good update here. After that first book from the House of Night series (Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast), I went right along reading as many of the rest as I could get my hands on. I put myself on the waiting list in the library for the most recent book in the series that came out not too long ago, and guess what number I was on the list....123. Yeah, pretty intense. Last time I checked this afternoon, I was number 116, so moving up the list, but not too quickly. I think I'll just go read it at the book store. These books took me one or two days to read, so hopefully even reading it that way won 't take too long.

Until I can get myself to the bookstore though, I need to figure out what to read next. But here is the list so far:

Read:
1. Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris
2. Grave Surprise by Charlaine Harris
3. Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
4. Newjack: Guarding Sing Sing by Ted Connover (for my Criminal Justice class)
5. Courtroom 302 by Steve Bogira (for my Criminal Justice class)
6. Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
7. Stolen by Kelley Armstrong
8. Dime Store Magic by Kelley Armstrong
9. Industrial Magic by Kelley Armstrong
10. Haunted by Kelley Armstrong
11. Broken by Kelley Armstrong
12. Vanquished by Hope Tarr
13. No Humans Involved by Kelley Armstrong
14. Personal Demon by Kelley Armstrong
15. Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
16. Betrayed by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast (NEW)
17. Chosen by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast (NEW)
18. Untamed by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast (NEW)
19. Hunted by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast (NEW)

In Progress:
(in no particular order)
1. Enslaved by Hope Tarr (need to restart, it's been a while)
2. Living with the Dead by Kelley Armstrong
3. Night Rising by Chris Marie Green
4. Minion: A Vampire Huntress Legend by L.A. Banks
5. The Inspector & Mrs. Jeffries by Emily Brightwell

Waiting in the Wings:
(books that are checked out of the library and waiting to be read)
1. Mrs. Jeffries Plays Cook by Emily Brightwell
2. The Hunted by L.A. Banks

That brings my list of read books up to: 19/50!!!

I did forget to post the link to the 50 Book Challenge.

The good news is: I'm getting closer to my new goal of getting 25 books read. And the even better news is: that the new year is getting closer, so I'll have a chance to do the 50 Book Challenge starting from January instead of halfway through the year.


UPDATE: I went to library this evening. I returned all those House of Night Books and a Kelley Armstrong. Since I'm still #116 on the waiting list for the new HoN book, I looked around for what else I could get. I ended up picking up The Luxe and Rumors by Anna Godberson (a book on hold). They look pretty long, so I don't know how fast I'll be able to get through them. I'll start on The Luxe tonight, and hopefully get through a good 100 pages before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment