Monday, June 29, 2009

Square Update & First Two Rows Whipstitched

Purple Pinwheels Quilt
Here is the crocheting I had done last week up until Friday. Didn't have a chance to get any done Saturday (see two posts ago). And Sunday and today, I could not find my G-hook. This evening, I was able to go out to Michael's and get another G-hook and an H-hook. I haven't done any crocheting yet this evening, but may whip together 10 or so squares before bed.

Here is my photo progress. First, is a photo of the squares I had done since my last squares update.
That's 45 squares in soft white.

I promised in my last squares update, to post the totals, and how many I need for the whole quilt. So here it is:

Solids:
  • Soft White - 90/336
  • Soft Navy - 10/192
  • Light Raspberry - 10/144
  • Claret Fleck - 40/48

Bi-Color:
  • Soft White & Light Rasp. - 0/48
  • Soft White & Claret Fleck - 0/48
  • Light Rasp. & Claret Fleck - 0/48

Total: 140/864

So, using Mary's Saltine Smackdown rules, I've got 140 solids, giving me 140 points! I'll keep the totals updated as my quilt progresses.

Now.... (drum roll please!) what you've all been waiting for! The photo of the first two rows of one of the blocks!


There it is, in all its glory! I'm just doing one block at a time...for now. There are six blocks total each one 12 x 12 squares big, for a total of 144 squares per block. As you can also see from the above photo, I'm doing the join across, then join down method. I did join the Light Raspberry "cubes" in the corners together, using the same color yarn, but that's because I didn't want the Soft Navy showing through.

Here is a close-up of a Light Raspberry corner:


And here is a close-up of the middle part:


That's all for now, time to plan!

Plan for the week:
Finish the 8 remaining Claret Fleck solids, get at least 60 soft white solids, get at least 5 bi-color squares done, and see what I can piece together. Whew! That looks like a LOT of work! Especially considering that the week is progressing to the halfway mark. Well, it looks like I better get crocheting!

1 comment: